Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whew! We're All Set I Think!

After a hectic few days it seems we are finally ready for the off! Our apartment is empty and the airfrieght and shipping are enroute to Bahrain. We are currently enjoying our last day in Houston chilling at Tracey's and later lunching out with Marina. Hopefully I might also manage to get my nails done and my hair cut before we head to the airport tomorrow afternoon, but I guess I could be pushing my luck on that front! I would like to say that the moving process so far has been relatively stress free and that Callie has been her usual cheerful self, but alas that would be a lie... I am now ever so slightly worried about her reaction to the 15 hour flight to Dubai! Apologies at this point to Betsy on Callie's behalf for yesterday's naughtiness - bottle of pink wine all ready and waiting at Tracey's to help you recover! A great time to be developing separation anxiety, although I suppose it is understandable given every time she has woken up from a nap at home recently, something else has disappeared! She is only happy standing up and cruising the furniture and will throw the biggest tantrum if put on the floor when mummy needs to get something done! Monkey! Callie is still not eating that well, although she did neck her cereal this morning quick smart after having refused it for the past four days. She is very determined - obviously getting this trait from her father! - and lately has only been keen to eat the finger foods she can pick up herself. She would eat puffs all day if allowed! On top of the separation anxiety, tantrums and eating issues, of course she also picks this week to work out how to pull herself up on the furniture and in her bed meaning she has to be watched like a hawk or she's into everything! Oh, what fun we are having! Roll on the 10 hour time difference and trying to switch night and day for Callie and it'll be even more excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment